Saturday 7 May 2011

Something new to complain about

After weeks of complaining about the lack of rain, it has finally come. (Although not a lot). And now I have lots of things I want to do that involve being outside. So I have a great excuse not to do them. I can't cut the grass cos it is a little bit wet. And it is far too wet to think about painting the fences. I have some indoor projects that at first glance I could crack on with, but upon closer inspection they involve sawing outside. In fact I do my sawing on the ground, and I don't want to put my lovely Homebase value wood (from a well sustainably managed forest I am sure) on a slightly damp piece of concrete.

Alium

Not only that, but there is nothing like some rain to make all the weeds shoot up. There was hardly any weeds in my garden last week, but now, they are many and numerous. Please enjoy the above picture of a flower in my garden. It is purple.

Think Professor X. Only with a monocle and a dicky-bow. Oh, and he's an octopus.

No comments:

Post a Comment