Monday 24 January 2011

Lime Marmalade

Toast for supper tonight - it's just so extravagant. I recently re-discovered the lime marmalade and had some of it today. I knew it had been in the fridge for a while, but was shocked to discover that it was best before February 2009 - that is nearly two years ago. I know I have been putting golden syrup on my toast in recent times, but can remember buying the lime marmalade to replace the grapefruit marmalade that I really enjoyed. Where does the time go...





...and what is up with toasting basic bread these days. It gets a bit toasted, then no matter how long you leave it in there it never gets any browner, it just gets hotter. I am sure there is some application of its amazing heat-resistant properties, perhaps we could replace the $23 a-piece tiles on the underside of the space shuttle with Morrison's medium sliced long-life white.

2 comments:

  1. toast is good http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkYfB1C0Zgc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe it's just your toaster? My toaster seems to be able to toast bread fine, but when it comes out it's never that hot! Sometimes the butter won't even melt on it properly... and there's nothing like a nice hot piece of toast with oodles of melted butter on it.

    ReplyDelete