Sunday 19 February 2012

I'm Back

You know how you don't notice change when it happens slowly, but when you go away for a couple of weeks and get back you suddenly see everything. Now I am back from my little holiday I get to spot all the things that have happened in and around my house over the last two weeks. Fortunately it is not a lot. Not like previous trips to the USA, when the biggest tree I have ever had the displeasure of owning ended up in nextdoor's garden. (Well some of it did.)

The things that caught my eye were the moribund plants in the kitchen, the new stain on the carpet and the little bits of cat litter dragged all through the house. At least two of those are the responsibility of the evil cat. A more positive thing was that my crocuses are in full bloom now. They were just pushing through when I left. 




I actually took these photos last year, but the crocuses looks very similar right now.
We had Denby Dale pie for tea lastnight, fresh from the freezer. It is a lot like my favourite meal from childhood, my mum's meat and potato pie. The pasty is different though. And so is the filling. Then we watched a little TV. It was nice to see Paul Daniels on Harry Hill last night, doing a joke about a chainsaw. Quelle surprise!
Not a piece of a real Denby Dale pie, that would be at least 12 years old, and perhaps a little stale now. Instead from the supermarket freezer and having the name of, and perhaps a similar recipe to, the Denby Dale pie.
I have all sorts of things to blog about from my trip. Maybe I will do that when I have a little more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment