Thursday 22 December 2011

Solar Panels

Here is a quick thing that has pissed me off.

I just saw this story on the TV about something to do with financial incentives to install solar panels. I could go back and read it properly, but I doubt I will. While watching, I think, "great, there is a scheme to encourage people to get solar panels, and consequently save energy [and the environment]". But the story quickly turns out to be about how some people are worried about the future of the [solar panel installing] industry. Oh no, some people might loose their jobs! *gasp* Surely they are missing the bigger picture? All those suits they were interviewing should be putting saving the planet as their highest priority and not making money.

Look, here is a house with some solar panels on the roof.
In other news, my exciting TV schedule seems to be winding down. Congratulations to Ash Mair on winning Masterchef: The Professionals. Of course the real winner is the food (or Michel's beard). Greg makes some hilarious noises and Michel makes some hilarious expressions; it really is entertaining viewing. Also congratulations to Harry Judd and his professional partner Aliona Vilani. I would have liked to see Jason Donovan win, but Harry was probably the better dancer.

There has been some sort of comedy show on Saturday evenings. In between Brucie's stand-up slots they play music. There may be some dancing or something going on, but I don't pay that much attention.
This means I have more time for other things. Like being bored. Or maybe, just maybe, working on my blog. I an idea for a series (two) of posts. We will have to see...

No comments:

Post a Comment