Tuesday 23 August 2011

Taco

Just been watching Mexican Food Made Simple with chef Thomasina Miers. I like shows about food, and this definitely ticks the box. I couldn't help but notice that every recipe she cooks he describes as "my favourite". Makes me think that she isn't being entirely genuine and is over-egging her descriptions.


However the best thing about the show is that she keeps saying the word "Oaxaca". Which is a funny word. I was enjoying how she kept slipping it in at every opportunity and repeated the sounds: wa - ha - ca. I have since discovered her motive for her comical overuse of this place name; it is also the name of her chain of restaurants in London. Perhaps she is trying to implant the name in people's minds so that she gets more business in these difficult economic times.

No comments:

Post a Comment