Monday 26 November 2012

Project: Extension - Day 8

There may not have been any workmen doing anything on Sunday, but the elements meant the day wasn't completely uneventful. The tarpaulin that was supposed to be protecting the rest of my house was flapping all over when I got up. My first attempt to pin it down under a couple of bricks didn't last more than an hour. Not one to over-react I only used 8 bricks when I went out again. Needlesstosay, that held it in place all day. Oh, and there was a puddle of water in the middle of my lounge that came in overnight. 

Yay, waterlogged garden. It's never been like that before.  Fortunately, the floor of the new room is at the top of that little wall, so it has to rain an awful lot more before we will get water inside.
Everybody's favourite lorry driver was back this morning with some more bricks and sand and cement and stuff.
This is the challenge you were faced with when trying to leave my house today. Fortunately the postman delivered the H&M catalogue before this hole was dug.

It turns out that the most interesting part of day 8 is not something you can really take photos of. At about 4pm David in his little digger cut through the power line to the house. Which isn't ideal to say the least. So we were without any heating or lighting, or hot tea, or internet, or more importantly Cbeebies for about 4 hours until that was fixed. It wasn't all bad though, I could at least order some fashionable shirts by candlelight using the catalogue that had arrived earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment