Tuesday 28 August 2012

Couldn't Be More Caribbean If It Played Cricket

Got an exciting recipe book for Christmas: Gregg Wallace's Favourite Puddings. Before I went to the kitchen and got my rolling pin out I had to ask the obvious question...
So who is Gregg's favourite pudding?
Motivated by the desire to do something with a bag of dessicated coconut and ripening bananas I picked up the book and stumbled upon the perfect solution: Coconut and banana tart. Gregg points out that with coconut, bananas and rum, it is a very Caribbean desert.


Yet another tart based desert.
There were flaws, my pastry was quite thick round the edges and my syrup glaze stuff went a bit hard. But I can't complain for a first attempt.

You might have thought I would be more interested in "The Great British Bake-off". (BBC2 on Tuesday evenings) It ticks all the boxes: a food based competition with "Great British" in the title. But for some reason I haven't really got into it. It probably would have been good material for my blog. Including, as it does, lines like
"Release the tarts"
Sounds like something the Chief Inspector might say the morning after his police force had raided a den of inequity.

No comments:

Post a Comment